The people of the Farmington and Farmington Hills area know and trust Randy. He served 16 years on the Farmington Hills City Council and has been active in the community for decades. His experience in local government extends past his elected role on the City Council. Randy served on the Zoning Board of Appeals for 8 years. At the national level, he represented Farmington and Farmington Hills on the National League of Cities for 14 years, including leadership roles on the Human Development Steering Committee of the National League of Cities for 8 years, including one year as vice-chair and one year as chair.
Randy received his BS, MA and Ph.D. degrees from Wayne State University and works as a licensed psychologist, neuropsychologist, and board-certified rehabilitation psychologist. He owns and operates Aspire Rehabilitation Services, providing rehabilitation services to survivors of brain and spinal cord injuries, and employs over 55 people.
Randy Bruce has the right combination of skills, experience, and accomplishments, which we need as our voice in Lansing. He goes to work every day fighting for his clients and will do the same for us as our next state representative.
More About Randy Bruce
- Licensed Pilot
- Past board member and president of the Forestbrook Hills / Pebblebrook Estates Homeowners Association
- Past board member of the Saratoga Farms Homeowners Association
- Current board member of Colony Park West Homeowners Association
Member of the following professional organizations:
- Michigan Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- International Neuropsychological Society
Randy’s Accomplishments on City Council
- City’s bond rating increased from AA to AAA
- Retiree healthcare is at 109% funded and pension is at 79%, one of the best in Michigan
- City “Rainy Day Fund” that is between 15% to 20% of budget
- City budget continues to win annual awards
- Founded the Intergovernmental committee between Farmington, Farmington Hills and Farmington Schools that resulted in increased sharing of services and reduced costs
Safety, Security, Equality
- Farmington and Farmington Hills continues to be rated as one of the SAFEST cities in Michigan – and the U.S.
- Crime in many categories SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED since 2003
- Introduced one of the most comprehensive Dangerous Animals Ordinances in the country to protect our pets and our citizens without stigmatizing animals by breed
- Supported expanding the anti-discrimination ordinance to include sexual orientation and identity
- Led the push for a rental inspection ordinance to decrease the prevalence of poorly managed rental properties
- Co-founder of Farmington and Farmington Hills SAFE (Suicide Awareness for Everyone)
Water Tower and City Hall
- Initiated the study and building of the water tower that has saved the rate payers of the city over $21 million dollars, or over $3 million dollars per year
- Supported the building of the efficient, new Farmington and Farmington Hills City Hall, creating hundreds of construction jobs right here in our city. Also took City Hall off the gas grid, making it one of the greenest city halls in the US and LEED Gold Certified
Talk to Us
Have an issue you want to discuss with Team Bruce? Perhaps you want to volunteer. Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch!